Instrumented Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM)
also known as Graston Therapy.
At Countryside Chiropractic, we are pleased to offer our patients the benefits of IASTM (Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization).
IASTM enables our doctors to efficiently locate and treat individuals diagnosed with soft tissue dysfunction. IASTM uses specially designed instruments intended to locate and manipulate soft tissue. These instruments provide our doctors with a mechanical advantage, thus preventing over-use to the hands.
The success of this advanced treatment protocol was more than they had imagined, and the instruments earned several U.S. patents. Today, there are several versions of instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization being utilized, all fashioned from the original version of these instruments. IASTM instruments make it easier to detect and treat fascial dysfunction. They magnify the abnormalities (scars, restrictions and adhesion’s) in the fascia and make it easier to locate the area to treat. Using a tool focuses the force through an area smaller than your finger with less friction. This allows a more efficient treatment.
The goal is to trigger an inflammatory healing response. This will stimulate the production of new collagen and proper, more functional, less painful healing.
Benefits of IASTM
- Decreases overall time of treatment
- Allows faster rehabilitation/recovery
- Reduces need for anti-inflammatory medication
- Resolves chronic conditions thought to be permanent
- Clients can continue to engage in everyday activities
- Common Issues Treated with IASTM
Common Issues Treated
- Cervical sprain/strain (neck pain)
- Lumbar sprain/strain (back pain)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (wrist pain)
- Plantar Fasciitis (foot pain)
- Lateral Epicondylitis (tennis elbow)
- Medial Epicondylitis (golfer’s elbow)
- Rotator Cuff Tendinitis (shoulder pain)
- Patellofemoral Disorders (knee pain)
- Achilles Tendinitis (ankle pain)
- Scar Tissue
- Trigger Finger
- Shin Splints
At Countryside Chiropractic, we are pleased to offer this service in conjunction with our other treatment modalities in order to help you achieve the full benefit for optimal healing.